Changelog for Ksenos 2.11
29th Oct 2018
- Fixed window positions on startup on certain multi-display configurations
- Require user permissions to browse the access log over a remote connection.
- Added the selection buttons for every group in the permission settings.
22th Oct 2018
- Process will no longer hang up on the background when closing the program with invalid storage settings.
- Fixed insufficient license errors within the camera limits of the license.
- Fixed secondary streams on RTSP cameras.
16th Oct 2018
- Fixed Schneider Intercom client.
12th Oct 2018
- Windows installer will now create the desktop icon even in silent mode.
- Fixed the problem with automatic startup on Windows that could cause program to try to start twice on boot.
- Fixed a bug that caused icons in settings window to sometimes show incorrect images.
- Fixed PTZ with Axis cameras using authentication.
3nd Oct 2018
- User permission groups.
- User specific tabs.
- User action log.
- Time synchronization button for separate windows.
- CSV export for alarm log.
- Allow selecting multiple cameras for removal in setup window.
- When RTSP server is enabled, show the RTSP URL of each camera in their settings.
- Audio support for Mobotix cameras.
- Camera switcher for virtual windows.
- Keyboard control for fisheye cameras.
- PTZ support for Sony SNT-EX104 encoder and compatible devices.
- Designa alarm logging.
- PTZ control of Sony cameras over serial port.
- Iris and focus commands bindable to joystick buttons.
- Aux commands for Pelco P/D protocols.
- Camera isolation to detach cameras from the timeline.
- PDF export for image snapshots.
- Allow cameras to be added even without a license, but require one to enable them.
- Allow radial menu to be opened during area search.
- Keep showing a camera on rule conditions and actions even when it is disabled.
- Allow Windows to handle restarting the service instead of running a separate watchdog.
- Enabled HTTP digest authentication on cameras and rule actions.
- Fade image to black with a warning triangle when the connection is lost to a camera.
- Do not try to open connection automatically to newly added cameras.
- Allow each network address on an adapter to be used for camera and server searches on Windows.
- Yellow continuous recording indicator on camera title.
- Allow PTZ presets to be selected using keyboard shortcuts.
- Enable PTZ highlight even without joystick, for controlling cameras with keyboard.
- Show camera type in info view.
- Finer control of camera title size.
- List tabs that do not fit on the tab bar to a separate menu.
- Keep setup window always on top.
- Allow forwarded connections to remain connected, even if the forwarding server is shut down.
- Fixed denied permissions when modifying user permissions in web ui.
- Fixed degrading performance in license plate search interface.
- Fixed configuring cameras' spinbox settings from the main view.
- Fixed the empty dialog when closing program on CentOS.
- Fixed adding IQEye cameras from camera search list.
- Fixed disappearing controls from the storage settings.
- Do not change the focus of the virtual window when using mouse to select camera for joystick control.
- Do not show the cameras from an opened backup in setup window.
- Fixed restarting the program from the web ui on CentOS 7.
- Fixed mouse issues requiring multiple clicks in the setup window on CentOS 7.
- Fixed a hangup when trying to connect to a nonexistent Sony camera.
- Fixed bugs in RTSP stream handling, causing stuttering or inability to open stream.
- Fixed focus and iris command on Pelco P/D protocols.
- Correctly show PTZ camera icon for PTZ cameras in web settings.
- Fixed a bug that rarely caused Modbus not to work in certain situations.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.10
13th Aug 2018
- Fixed the too small source resolution on image snapshots.
- Fixed the timestamp of image snapshots always showing the current date and time instead of the recording time.
- Fixed restarting the program from the web interface.
6th Aug 2018
- Fixed connecting to password-protected Mobotix cameras.
- Fixed a crash when closing the Mac version.
- Fixed Windows service watchdog.
- Fixed a bug that caused timeline regeneration to stop prematurely when there is too much recordings in too short time.
- Fixed delays in switching audio context from one camera to another.
- Adjustable timeouts for Modbus connections.
- Added 19200 bps option for serial port speed.
12th Mar 2018
- Fixed a hangup leading to a crash when opening the setting window in some environments.
- Improved network throughput when using encrypted connections.
28th Feb 2018
- Fixed a flashing stripe at the edge of certain camera images.
- Improved the recording write performance.
9th Feb 2018
- Fixed direct decoding when QSV is not enabled.
- Users are now properly allowed to have longer Maximum ANPR permit duration than a day, and admins are not restricted at all.
24th Jan 2018
- Show digital outputs of ONVIF cameras in the rule actions.
- Fixed issues causing setting import from web ui to fail.
- Camera icons are now properly refreshed in setting window.
- Fixed image stretching in peek mode.
- Added keybindings for focus and iris control, and allow faster control by pressing Ctrl.
- Show timeline in full screen mode when doing area search.
- Increased the maximum tab switcher interval to 5 minutes.
19th Jan 2018
- Fixed a crash when closing the last tab on ION window.
- Fixed the online activation in the web interface.
- Fixed a crash after leaving the server settings in the setup window in Linux.
- Show newly added access groups in web interface immediately without needing to manually refresh the page.
- Fixed the "Recording error" rule conditions.
- The password on cameras and remote connections no longer needs to be entered twice on web settings.
- Allow site number 0. This replaces the camera numbers entered using the old camera number organizer tool.
- Removed the deprecated "Open window" action from the rules.
- Image snapshot resolutions have been sorted.
3rd Jan 2018
- Fixed hiding the user interface top bar with F8 key.
- Fixed a problem that caused user permissions to be cleared from certain users when upgrading from version 2.9.*.
- Fixed constant reconnecting to Modbus devices.
29th Dec 2017
- Installer for Ksenos Windows service.
- Audio support for ION interface.
- Remote connection forwarding.
- Schneider Intercom support.
- Fisheye and Panomorph camera support in ION.
- Copy multiple settings to multiple cameras.
- ION maps.
- CentOS 7 support.
- Included ION manual.
- Hotkey support for ION interface.
- The camera controlled by a joystick can now be selected with mouse.
- Keyboard PTZ control in ION interface.
- Support for 4K video clips.
- Free recording space automatically when reducing the amount reserved for recordings.
- Native PTZ support for Pelco Spectra cameras.
- All passwords are now stored in encrypted form.
- Automatic ONVIF port detection in camera search.
- Show login dialog when authentication fails on automatic connections.
- Less intrusive area seach overlay.
- Automatically detect the first day of week setting.
- Skip the recording file on write failure.
- ION interface is now used exclusively. The old interface has been removed.
- Setting file is now protected with a checksum, and settings are automatically restored from backups.
- Dahua cameras' PTZ turn no longer stops automatically.
- Show vehicle permits from remote servers on the license plate search window.
- Do not show error of lost connection if the connection was not established in the first place.
- Clean up remote cameras properly when disconnecting immediately after connecting.
- GUI permissions are no longer displayed on the daemon version.
- The notification text will no longer be cut after the first space when changing colour in the notification setup.
- Fixed crashes when using QSV.
- Fixed the too narrow time selectors in the calendar.
- Fixed the occasional setting file corruption on system power loss.
- The system error about not being able to save settings is now properly marked resolved when the problem is resolved.
- Fixed the bug where camera settings would not show after opening and then disconnecting a remote connection to localhost and viewing its camera settings.
- Fixed issues with ION interface not rendering on some AMD GPUs.
- Fixed some camera streams that were broken on version 2.9.
- Digital zoom now handles rotated images properly.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.7 and minor versions
13th Apr 2015
- Fixed activation through web UI.
20th Feb 2015
- Support for license key upgrades.
- More options for multiplexer layouts.
- Fixed the slight cropping of the multiplexer images.
- Fixed the green flashes when switching multiplexer images.
- Fixed the connection issue with Arecont 3256PMIR-S.
- Fixed missing icons from the Mac version.
- Analyzers are no longer listed in the monitor selector.
9th Dec 2014
- Worked around the white image problem in the new Intel Linux driver.
25th Nov 2014
- Show the menu bar by pressing F10.
- Fixed the remote recordins on fisheye viewers.
- Added an optional recording mode, which reduced the database size.
- Daemon version of Ksenos Backup with remote support.
- Fixed the image quality problems with new Xecap capture boards.
- Refresh the quick layout button icons.
- Support for PTZ cameras on ONVIF server.
- Added an optional recording mode, which may improve the search speed.
- Fixed a crash with very large MJPEG streams.
- The "Camera selection digit count" has been restored.
- The "Show PTZ overlay" setting has been restored.
- Fixed a crash when entering a non-ASCII character to the host field of a Ksekam camera.
- Option to only send images with motion to Ksenos Mobile.
- The recording time limit can now be set in the web settings.
- The global recording rule can now be set in the web settings.
- Improved the visual appearance of the schedule editor in web settings.
- Allow the alarm log to be browsed without ANPR permissions.
- Watchdog for Linux daemon version.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to make a video clip from a monitor window.
- Included the dbdump utility with Linux packages.
- Support for cameras with ONVIF profile S.
- Automatically select the RTSP port of ONVIF cameras.
- Fixed occasional gaps with remote recording viewer.
- Fixed a bug causing analog cameras to sometimes show up black in the multiplexer view.
- Added camera status texts to the multiplexer view.
- Implemented the 2nd stream feature with ONVIF cameras.
- Support for MJPEG RTSP streams.
- Close the snapshot dialog when the image is saved.
- The map view can no longer be opened without any maps.
- Respect source camera permissions with fisheye viewers.
- Automatic startup is now selectable from the settings in Linux version.
- Improved the web interface efficiency by using RTSP for streaming.
- Camera window buttons can no longer be accidentally pressed by dragging the mouse over the window and releasing over the button.
- Allow full screen mode to be selected with joystick.
- Fixed a crash when detaching a monitor window without a camera.
- Axis MPEG4 camera type renamed as Axis IP camera.
- Fixed layout issues with monitor and other non-camera windows.
- Allow the network interface to be selected on the camera search.
- The administrator settings can no longer be altered by non-administrator users, even if they have user modification permissions.
- Setting import/export through web UI.
- Allow camera images to be stretched to fill the multiplexer grid.
- Support for floor or wall mounted fisheye cameras.
- User authentication support for ONVIF server.
- Allow searching by time on web UI.
- Fixed text encoding issues with email headers.
- Support for email server authentication and encryption.
- interVIEW_Alarm support.
- Open camera window to full screen by double-clicking.
- Apply automatic layouts only to camera and monitor windows.
- A new license entry and activation dialog.
- Fixed remote camera frame rate display.
- Allow PTZ control over the web UI.
- Support for 12h clock on the timeline.
- Allow camera type to be changed without removing/readding the camera.
- Allow the administrator password to be altered over the web UI.
- Added version information to Ksenos.exe.
- Fixed the email limiter to not count unsent messages towards the limit.
- Support for Carmen Parking Digital engine.
- Fixed entering the number to a spincontrol setting.
- Show camera titles instead of id's in web UI.
- Fixed the remote connections menu when there are custom commands added.
- Fixed a bug that caused the database size to be ignored when calculating the available space for recordings.
- Decode only keyframes setting no longer affects remote cameras.
- Added minimal support for RTL languages.
- New motion analyzation tools.
- Show a system error when the recorder cannot keep up with incoming data.
- Fixed a text encoding issue with custom actions, possibly causing increasing delays when starting the program.
- The fisheye viewer now shows a sharper image than before.
- Fixed a bug causing camera window to occasionally move to upper left corner when maximizing and then restoring it on Linux.
- Fixed a memory leak and crash with RTSP server.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the settings to be deleted when running out of space on the hard drive or encountering some other I/O error.
- Fixed an additional .conf extension and another file being written when exporting settings.
- Fixed the manual lens focus.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.6 and minor versions
15th Sep 2014
- Polish translation.
- Create a visual notification, when the license activation is successful.
10th Jul 2014
- Fixed a memory leak in the Linux desktop version.
- Fixed some issues with watching recordings from Ksenos Standard, Ksenos Mobile or 3rd party clients.
- Estonian translation.
26th May 2014
- Digital output support over ONVIF for Axis cameras.
- German translation.
9th May 2014
- Fixed a possible crash caused by recording.
- Fixed a crash when adding fisheye viewers.
2nd May 2014
- Automatically guess username and password for the network cameras added from the search tool.
- LPR supported on Windows.
- LPR settings no longer show up in the web interface if LPR is disabled.
- Improved recording settings in the web UI.
- Fixed zooming the timeline of a detached camera window.
- From now on, LPR support needs to be enabled on the Ksenos license.
- The autostart setting now works properly regardless of the working directory where Ksenos was started in.
- Fixed possible errors on calendar view when switching to DST or back.
- Fixed a crash caused by invalid Modbus URL.
- Fixed the occasional unresponsiveness of the buttons in the main window.
- Added selection tools to the system error dialog.
- The watchdog on Linux does no longer crash after running for a while.
- Fixed a bug that caused the settings to not be saved immediately when altering some settings through the web UI.
- Fixed the formatting of email messages, so that messages with image attachement show their message part correctly.
- Improved search tools for network cameras and servers.
- Fixed a crash when opening a new camera window during video clip creation.
- Fixed a bug that caused a rule to stop working if a condition was added using the web UI.
- The buttons in camera windows are now visible even if there is no camera signal.
- ksenos-daemon package now cleans up init scripts properly during uninstall.
- Fixed the empty preset list in the dome preset rule action editor in the web UI.
- Fixed a bug that caused the date text in over the timeline to flicker between two formats.
- Fixed a crash when closing the program while a video clip is being created.
- License code field now accepts slight deviations of the format: whitespaces, dashes, upper and lower case letters.
- The custom buttons can now be arranged freely in the camera windows.
- The calendar search can now be opened by clicking the timestamp in the camera windows, allowing even detached windows to use calendar search.
- Fixed a crash when opening the settings of a remote camera.
- MxPEG support for Mobotix cameras.
- Fixed calling ONVIF PTZ presets.
- Support for digital inputs through ONVIF cameras.
- Open all cameras by pressing Ctrl+A.
- Rules can now be programmed to open camera and floor plan windows.
- Improved responsiveness on remote recordings on some scenarios.
- Removed the black bars on snapshots.
- Fixed the analog monitor output selector on rule action editor, which might have shown output 1 despite no output being selected.
- Removed the µChameleon support.
- Fixed the automatic layouts when the menu bar of the main window is visible.
- Added the missing RTSP path setting in the web UI.
- When selecting a single remote camera in the multiplexer, a higher resolution stream is now properly requested.
- Fixed a crash when closing the program while connecting to a remote server.
- Empty recording spaces now show proper information in the settings.
- Improved fisheye dewarping and separate fisheye viewers.
- The images on a multiplexer now fade out smoothly when signal is lost, reducing flicker on unstable connections.
- Fixed a crash when pressing Alt+Tab when the RTSP path selector menu is open.
- Selected aspect ratio is now correctly enforced on network cameras.
- Added the Message-ID field to emails.
- Fixed the encoding of the subject in test emails.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.5
8th Jan 2014
- The camera alarm timeout can now be manually set in camera settings.
- The exported settings are no longer overwritten without querying user.
- The state of manual recording buttons is now updated over remote connections.
- Automatic timestamp on exported PDF files.
- The multiplexer feature no longer requires license dongle.
- Fixed the corrupt non-ascii alphabet in test email.
- The recording indicator setting is back.
- Fixed the camera name presentation on map view.
- Fixed the disconnecting UDP stream on Pelco Sarix cameras.
- Improved camera selection tool in multiplexer settings.
- Fixed a bug that causes camera name corruption when editing the name over a remote connection from Linux client to Windows server.
- New video clip creation UI.
- Multiple map views can be opened simultaneously from the display menu.
- Recording button can be hidden from the toolbar.
- Fixed timeline updates on Standard->Prime remote connection.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Monitor window now keeps the playback state when switching cameras.
- Webmin is used for system settings configuration in the web interface.
- Secondary stream is now properly shown at full speed, even if the primary stream has a lower frame rate.
- Removed the black borders from wide aspect camera images on map view.
- New snapshot creation UI.
- Fixed image flickering with Xecap200 and Xecap100 with a channel expansion board.
- Zoomed image now fills the entire camera window regardless of unzoomed aspect ratio.
- Fixed streaming from certain newer Sony cameras.
- Manual activation can be done with a QR code.
- Removed the session organizer feature from main window.
- New look on the user interface.
- Prevent the snapshot review window from opening outside the screen.
- Fixed the timelines on the touch UI.
- Fixed the erroneus 1970 timestamp on the snapshot of certain camera types.
- Fixed a bug which makes camera names with special characters appear blank over remote connection.
- The uninstaller now removes the Start menu entries correctly on Windows.
- Added EULA.
- Dropped the "DVR Prime". Ksenos is now known as just Ksenos.
- The recording settings can now be altered directly in Ksenos instead of using Drivesetup.
Changelog for Ksenos 2.4 and minor versions
2nd Oct 2013
- Expanded the "Remember last view" setting. You can now select to open all cameras, last cameras or no cameras at all on startup.
- A new rule condition that is launched on recording errors.
- An integrated list of known RTSP paths.
- Reduced the amount of open database handles.
- Images are no longer stopped on Windows when opening menus or modal dialogs.
- Reduced the CPU load caused by Modbus devices.
- Option to invert Ksedio inputs.
- QuickPan feature.
- Fixed a bug in PTZ preset selector rule that caused a wrong preset to be called.
- E-mail sending.
- Next/Previous frame -buttons now allow you to also jump forward/backward by a selected time interval.
- Improvements to event viewer usability.
- Fixed an occasional crash when detaching a camera window.
- Fixed color and hue -settings from overriding each other on Comart capture boards.
- Fixed a bug in stream parsing on certain Dynacolor models, that caused trouble when playing back the recordings.
- Camera tree feature.
- Allow a camera to be selected with joystick by first selecting the number and then pressing the camera selector button.
- Quick recording feature.
- Faster timeline zoom.
- Apply the permission group of the camera in the server end to client cameras as well.
- Prevent sliders from resetting to previous position during dragging every time a setting changes in the setting panel.
- Fixed a crash when adding a QuickTime camera.
- System errors now require explicit acknowledgement and are also displayed on remote clients.
- Privacy mask feature.
- FFmpeg 2.0.1.
- Allow camera to be selected to a monitor window as a rule action, and also allow it to display recordings.
- New Map View feature replacing the floorplan.
- Monitor window now remembers previous selected cameras and allows user to browse through them.
- Fixed a resolution problem with QuickTime cameras causing corrupted image.
- Option to select how many letters ANPR will ignore from a plate while detecting a match.
- Camera number management.
- Activation-based license management.
17th Jun 2013
- The camera settings in UPnP search dialog no longer look like they could be modified.
- Fixed random decoding errors on H.264 Ksekams.
- Fixed duplicated display menus on 4-display systems.
- PTZ commands are no longer lost over remote connection.
- Fixed still video clip when created over a remote connection.
- Added a logout option to web UI.
- Fixed a delay on unrecompressed remote stream on cameras with high frame rate.
- Fixed the invalid quality selection on video clip dialog.
- Fixed patrol editing over remote connection.
- Fixed the 1x1 default resolution on video clip dialog.
- Stop PTZ more reliably when switching the controlled camera.
- Fixed the zoom in function on joysticks.
- Added a workaround that sends zoom stop command twice for cameras that occasionally drop commands.
- Support for some Samsung network cameras with PTZ.
- Increased the number of quick layouts.
- Added "previous camera" function to joystick.
- Joystick plugin support.
- Reduced the default compression quality on analog cameras.
- Fixed a crash when opening a new camera window while creating video clip.
- Monitor windows.
- Vertical sync disabled to improve performance.
- Fixed incorrect colors on some video clips.
- Backup importing.
- Fixed the image controls on Xecap800 boards.
- Open backups are no longer shown as cameras in the setting window.
- Fixed the initial state of the light bulb indicator in the rule editor.
- Fisheye cameras can now be rotated separately in separate camera windows.
- Floorplan can be closed by clicking the floorplan button again.
- Deleted cameras -menu is hidden as default.
- Enabling floorplan no longer requires program restart.
- Bookmarks can now be removed from the bookmark editor. The user is warned if attempting to remove all bookmarks from the timeline menu.
- Added preset ordering in patrol editor.
- Fixed missing times on timeline when zoomed close to old recordings.
- Fixed memory consumption problems with database cleanup.
- Usability improvements in video clip dialog.
- The wireframe model in fisheye cameras is now optional.
- Fixed a crash on program shutdown.
- Fixed a crash when taking multiple backups simultaneously.
- Fixed unicode alphabet in alarm log on Windows.
- Prevent duration controls on rule editor from defaulting to 0 while editing.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to enable ANPR without the appropriate license.
- Fixed mask drawing on mirrored camera images.
- Hide audio settings on camera types that don't support audio. Audio settings moved to the bottom of the page.
- Fixed a misbehaviour when a non-admin user is removed while logged in as the same user.
- Changed the default hue setting on Xecap 800 to a more natural value.
7th Mar 2013
- Support for new Comart cards: HDCap 270S, Xecap 400ef-LP, Xecap 800ef
- Fixed a crash when creating video clip.
- Fixed the excessively large recordings from analog cameras with low frame rate and high quality.
5th Mar 2013
- Fixed recordings on Sony H.264 support.
- Fixed the black image when selecting a single camera on the multiplex view.
- Resume multiplexer streams after reconnecting to remote server.
- Large Address Aware enabled.
- Video output disabled by default on XED capture cards because of texture corruption on certain GPUs. Added an option to enable it on capture board settings.
- Fixed a crash when selecting a date earlier than 1970.
- Web server can now be used without a license.
- Added input/output count setting to Modbus devices.
- Fixed serial port based PTZ control on certain network cameras.
- Show the alert triangle on write failures.
- Fixed the invalid time format on the timeline between 0:00 and 1:00.
- Fixed a bug that disabled mask overlays on program restart.
- Fixed the port setting on Web server.
- The server is started/stopped immediately when enabling/disabling it in settings.
- Removed the "only one condition is true" option on rule editor, as it never worked as described.
- Fixed a crash when a remote camera is opened in touch ui while disconnecting.
- 64-bit version for Windows.
- Improved video clip creation: MPEG4 support, audio support, memory issues solved, quality selected at creation time.
- Login dialog no longer remains hidden behind multiplex view.
- Disabled Windows error reporting, which demands user interaction on crash.
- Create crash dumps on different crash scenarios.
- Fixed a crash when removing a Modbus device.
- Fixed digital output selection on Web interface.
- Allowed camera count is now calculated correctly in UPnP search panel when there are analog cameras added.
- Support for Axis M7001 video encoder and other Axis cameras using resolutions other than 640x480.
4th Jan 2013
- Fixed remote cameras on multiplexer.
- UPnP search no longer freezes user interface.
- A rule action is no longer performed if all the conditions are removed.
- Fixed Comart I/O support.
- Fixed Ksedio occasionally hanging on network errors.
- Removed support for MPG440 cameras.
- Changes in the state of output are no longer queued in Ksedio. The last state overwrites previous ones.
- Fixed a crash when closing program.
- Fixed Hungarian translation.
- Fixed a crash with Sony IP cameras.
- FFmpeg upgraded to version 1.0.1, improving decode performance.
- Allow any user to open touch UI from the display menu.
- Fixed missing menu icons on Gnome.
- Fixed support for Samsung SNB-5000 cameras with new firmware.
- Fixed a BSOD with XED capture cards and Windows 7.
- Apply the multiplex mode of XED video output on program startup.
- Added H.264 support for Sony IP cameras.
7th Dec 2012
- Fixed the camera type selection in UPnP search panel.
- Support for Lonix camera brand.
- Fixed language selection on OSX.
- Removed the option to create a rule by running a rule wizard from the button next to rule selectors in settings.
- Fixed a hangup when launching the program without a copy protection dongle on OSX.
- Fixed a crash when saving a camera image with some forced aspect ratios.
- Fixed an occasional bug which prevented the "Restore last view" setting from working.
- Fixed an occasional crash when closing the program.
- Multiple fixes on the rule editor.
- Fixed a large memory leak on UPnP search.
- Fixed Windows uninstaller to remove all the installed files properly.
- Fixed the too low resolution of remote cameras on multiplexer and touch ui.
- Support for Lilin network cameras with PTZ.
- Added an option to select another stream to be used on live images on RTSP cameras.
- Video clips can now be saved with .avi file extension.
- Cameras can now optionally write an entry to the alarm log when connection is lost.
- Fixed SHA-1 implementation on Macs with PowerPC, fixing some authentication issues.
- Multiplex view no longer prevents cameras from destroying.
- Fixed a crash when handling a too long internal command.
1st Nov 2012
- Newly created schedule will now work normally without the need to open it in editor.
- Hide DMLed rules on non-ANPR configurations.
- Allow camera grouping by a user defined category name.
- Fixed side effects when switching rule type.
- Support for Yuan capture cards on Linux.
- Create a backup of the setting file periodically.
- Undo function in settings.
- Show event source server name in popup viewer.
- Fixed decoding errors in certain H.264 RTSP streams, for example, ACTi.
- Support for Modbus I/O devices.
- Only locally produced events should be saved in the alarm log.
- Allow camera selection for multiplex view.
- Fixed enabling/disabling a patrol through a remote connection.
- Lower latency on certain network operations, like ptz control of some network cameras.
- Support for Xecap DIO module on Windows.
- Preset support for ONVIF cameras.
- Workaround for iCanTek cameras' reconnection problem.
- Create log entries of remote logins.
- Audio support for RTSP cameras.
3rd Oct 2012
- Fixed authentication issue with some RTSP cameras.
- Faster filtering on vehicle dialogs.
26th Sep 2012
- Fixed ACTi camera support.
- Fixed a bug that caused the wrong settings to be opened in settings window when there are both Sony RTSP and generic RTSP cameras.
- Allow data from serial port to be directed to alarm log.
- Support for ComArt HDCap boards and PCI-E variants of XeCap boards.
- Added a rule for network camera connection failures.
16th Aug 2012
- Fixed dupicate COM ports in settings on Windows.
- Fixed a crash when showing time before year 1970 on date selector.
- Stepping back in recordings no longer skips frames.
- Certain unnecessary "Permission denied"-errors are no longer displayed in the log.
- Fixed authentication error with Mobotix cameras.
- Fixed the monitor output of ComArt XeD cards in Windows 7.
- DMLed screen rule is no longer available unless other DMLed functions are enabled.
- Fixed a potential crash when closing detached camera windows.
- Fixed a potential temporary hang when removing RTSP camera with connection errors.
- Allow only the last channel of analog capture card to be removed.
- Network cameras can now be set to only decode key frames for motion detection to reduce CPU load.
- Fixed Arecont camera support.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a digital input on a rule to be changed to 1.
- Prevented camera windows to read unnecessary recordings from remote server on creation.
- Allow frame cache to be disabled on remote connections.
- Properly old remove recordings from timeline when a new camera is switched to popup viewer.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the same quick layout to be selected twice in a row, even if windows have been moved in between.
- ComArt capture card is no longer added automatically on first run, even if one exists in the computer.
- Improved the initial frame rate over slow remote connections.
- Video stream is no longer requested from remote connection for cameras that are hidden.
- Added an optional recording limit in days.
- Fixed a bug that caused the hold time of a motion detection rule to be reset to zero on program restart.
- Fixed occasional decode errors on remote video stream.
- Improved copy protection scheme.
- ANPR contexts allow the system to ignore additional recognitions of the same plate in different cameras.
- 1600x1200 added to video export resolutions.
- Fixed a potential crash on program startup.
- Alarm log.
- Changed the encode quality setting to a geometric scale of 0-100, which scales better with image size.
- Plate recognition can optionally be performed synchronously, thus displaying the actual recognition rate.
- Increased the maximum page count per partition to 100000.
- Various improvements to slow remote connections.
- Fixed a potential hang in web server implementation.
- Video4Linux2 support.
- Yuan capture card support for Linux.
- Fixed some isses with opening user manuals or log on certain platforms.
- Replaced setting tooltips with visible help icons.
- Removed the unused "Video format" setting from Panasonic MJPEG cameras.
- UPnP camera search.
18th Nov 2011
- Fixed the grayed out main window on certain Mac OSX computers.
- Fixed a hang when generating notifications from a camera with certain resolutions.
- Fixed a bug where setting selector would not appear for analog cameras or users when creating a "change setting" action for a rule.
- Allow capture from a single camera without a license dongle for demo purposes.
20th Oct 2011
- Fixed a crash when recording space is set to 0.
- Hide the screen text column from vehicle editor unless DMLed device is set.
- Fixed bugs with Excel export.
- Fixed a long timeout when removing a disconnected Ksedio device from settings.
- Fixed the multiplexed video output selector from XeD capture card settings.
- Fixed a hang when closing the license plate search window.
- Fixed a constraint that prevented removing ANPR schedules if they have ever been used by a vehicle.
- Reordered settings.
- Unpress the session organizer button properly.
- Fixed playback issues on the detached event viewer window.
- Reordered display menus to reflect their real-world positioning.
- Hungarian translation.
- GSP camera support.
- Fixed a crash when attempting to use ONVIF support to a non-ONVIF camera
- Fixed unnecessary license plate search window refreshes caused by disconnected remote connections.
- ANPR filtering.
- Rephrased the "Time limit" permit field to "Area time limit".
- Color the known license plates green in plate search window.
- Removed the automatic license plate detection events from the event notification list.
- Altered RTSP camera support to fix the stream from Panasonic WV-SP302.
- Fixed a potential crash when closing the application when an ONVIF camera is connecting.
- Fixed the license plate search when "Track vehicles in the area" setting is off.
- Fixed a bug in video clip creation that causes the video to slow down when switching cameras.
- Place the snapshot preview window into a more visible position.'
- Removed the "Adapt to environment" ANPR setting.
- Fixed the reverse remote connections.
- Fade out the plate recognition indicator properly on 64-bit version.
- Fixed the Primary display setting on Linux.
- Keep the plate search window always on top.
- Removed the notification type selection on notification action creation.
- Fixed the remote recording viewing from a Standard client.
- Prevent database bottlenecks from delaying license plate detection.
- Don't show the PTZ overlay on newly added Sony cameras unless PTZ protocol is selected.
- Show PAL resolutions on XeCap cameras' resolution selector.
- Added user interface for listing bookmarks in touch ui.
- Fixed the PTZ presets on newer Sony cameras.
- Retry if failed to open XeCap device, which prevents occational failure of capturing.
11th Jul 2011
- Fixed image mirroring on touch UI.
- Fixed some camera and device names in rule editor.
- Implemented notifications.
- Fixed some graphical errors in Floor plan.
- Fixed the Vehicles in area -dialog.
- Support for demo mode via automatically opened backups.
- Support for DM Led display.
- Fixed the permit selection column in vehicle adding dialog.
- Fixed a bug that prevented cameras to open automatically on startup when the recorder has only one display.
- Fixed a hang in backup creation when entire timeline has been selected.
- Fixed timeline flickering with backup recordings and after startup.
- Improved RTSP support, enabling the use of Basler cameras.
- Fixed a bug that prevented receiving recordings from 3 or more remote recorders at once.
- Show buffering state in each camera.
- Reduced the CPU load caused by unreachable network cameras.
- Reorganized the setup window.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiplexer window to appear on the wrong display.
- Option to increase the amount of digits when selecting a camera with joystick.
- Customizable limits for the maximum length or number of openings of the permits that a user creates.
- Optimized remote connection overhead.
- Cheat code dialog.
- Implemented graphical camera selector on touch UI.
- Fixed a crash when quickly altering layouts with detached cameras.
- Fixed a crash caused by certain network operations.
- Enabled pixel format transformations via shaders on Windows where available, which increases drawing performance.
- Fixed missing images from Prime->Standard remote connection.
- Implemented a setting on Windows which controls whether Ksenos starts automatically on boot.
27th May 2011
- Added a Stream ID option to Panasonic MJPEG cameras, allowing stream selection from Panasonic encoders.
- Changed the "Openings" field in ANPR permits to be vehicle specific.
- Fixed playback from deleted cameras.
- Program restart no longer needed after adding the web server.
- Fixed a bug that caused timeline selection to be invisible when only the begin has been selected on Windows.
- Fixed backups with special characters on pathname.
- Fixed a bug that created duplicates of rules and remote connections when querying for dongle on startup.
- Fixed the misaligned camera fullscreen mode on Windows.
- Fixed the decoding errors when playing recordings near live mode from cameras with large keyframe interval.
11th May 2011
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused DIO status to be 1 on some inputs/outputs when starting program.
- Prevent launching two instances of Ksenos on boot.
- Allow remote users to access anpr data without having permissions for recordings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented live images to show over remote connection from cameras that have permission group set.
4th May 2011
- Event popup window.
- Optional remote control protocol that supports Ksenos DVR Standard servers.
- Sony RTSP camera support with PTZ controls.
- Fixed a bug that caused client to sometimes crash when there were more than one open remote connection.
- Fixed broken stream on cameras with single MPEG4/H264 image size of over 512 kB (certain high-resolution Areconts).
1st Apr 2011
- ANPR user interface improvements (usability, speed)
- Fixed a potential, random corruption of a small part of recordings
- RTSP support improvements
- Fixed a server-related memory leak
25th Feb 2011
- Fixed a timeout issue with some RTSP cameras (at least Panasonic WV-SP306).
- Fixed a bug that caused Ksenos to consume available file handles when doing many remote ANPR modifications, leading to inability to record anything.
- Fixed web server crash.
- Fixed a crash when displaying login dialog on remote connection.
16th Feb 2011
- Additional configuration parameters for ANPR.
- Removed a bottleneck in recording which caused "Trying to write more than can be handled" -errors on lower loads than necessary.
- Altered watchdog so that it won't immediately kill Ksenos after computer resumes from sleep mode.
- Multiple fixes to remote control.
- Initial implementation for group session functionality.
- Disable the timeline if no camera windows are open.
- Fixed RTSP support for some camera models.
- New ANPR data model.
- User's Guide and Installer's Handbook are now in PDF format.
16th Feb 2011
- Fixed a bug that prevented some database operations to execute, which may cause gaps in recordings and prevent overwritten recordings to properly be cleaned up.
- BSD socket support, which prevents unresponsive cameras from hanging the entire system for a long time.
- User-selectable UDP transport support for RTSP cameras.
23rd Dec 2010
- User's Guide and Installer's Handbook are now in PDF format.
- Fixed unlimited memory consumption of remote connections.
- Improvements to multiplex display mode.
- Fixed a rare crash when closing connection to remote host.
- Zavio stream decoding fixed.
- Additional video export resolutions added.
- Upgraded SQLite library to 3.7.4
- Optimized remote connections for slow networks.
- Fixed a bug that caused backup creation to miss some or all recordings.
23rd Nov 2010
- Fixed video clip framerate over Standard->Prime remote connection.
- Fixed keepalive on generic RTSP cameras.
- Fixed a delay in opening stream from some remote cameras.
- Fixed the multiplex display mode.
- Added a possibility of watching live images from Ksenos DVR Standard server.
2nd Nov 2010
- Reduced CPU load when recording lots of frames per second.
- Prevent the watchdog from killing the recorder when resuming from sleep mode in Windows.
- Allow crash dump writer to overwrite old dump file if one exists.
- The mask overlay is no longer shown in camera windows when enabling area search.
- Allowed GTK-style timeline drag on Windows: Mouse may now exit the timeline bounds while dragging.
- Improved the remote usage performance over slow connections.
- Fixed the serial port support in Windows.
- Fixed a bug which caused camera image to seem completely white.
- Option to flip PTZ axises via negative speed.
- Fixed missing user name and password fields in Axis MJPEG camera settings.
- Option to select the PTZ control mode in Sony Network camera settings.
- Fixed decompression errors in some RTSP cameras, including Brickcom and Dynacolor.
- Fixed RTSP support for Sony SNC-DH140.
16th Jul 2010
- Fixed remote dio control.
- Safer way to save settings. Prevents the possibility of wiping out part of settings because of a crash / power outage.
- Removed an unnecessary recording alarm when creating a backup.
- Fixed a crash when the remote connection is reconnecting.
- Fixed a bug in backup creation which caused the area search to not properly find the next recording block.
- A user that does not have permissions for live image or remote connections can no longer watch images through web interface.
- Disabled the recordings in local viewing for users who don't have that permission.
- Fixed the "motion on area"-rule. The creation wizard now properly displays the dialog which allows the user to draw the area.
- Fixed the automatic logout.
- Close ANPR windows, settings and floor plan when the user logs out.
- Fixed the server connection limiter.
- Fixed the client bandwidth limit.
- Crash dump creation.
- Fixed the multiplex video clip resolution to video export resolution settings.
- Implemented setting file import.
- Keep retrying connection when autoconnect is enabled.
- Reorganized settings.
- Fixed MPG440 camera support.
- Fixed the image controls on camera windows when watching recordings.
- Fixed the motion indicator on recordings.
- Fixed the language selection on Windows version.
- Removed the backround window option on Windows version.
- Increased the maximum video export quality.
- Fixed the persistent icons on the hour selector on Windows 7.
- Reduced the wait time when misspelling password.
- Upgraded SQLite library to 220.127.116.11
- Fixed the error when selecting the joystick device setting.
- Fixed a crash when switching capture format on XeCap capture devices.
- Enabled camera window content swapping on Windows version.
- Insert new cameras on the floor plan to the current floor.
- Autosave settings when rules are changed.
- Improvements in ANPR settings.
- Allow a camera or group to be ignored on plate detection rule.
- Fixed the setting rule creation with cameras that have their name altered.
- Ksedio support.
7th Jun 2010
- Show licence information in the about dialog
- Fixed a bug where removing a camera from ComArt capture device may prevent capturing from other cameras in other capture groups
- Fixed a bug which prevented writing to database when creating a backup
- Prevent the recording alarm when closing a backup
- The user must have permissions for live image to have permissions to recordings
- Allow user to watch local live video without having permissions to recordings
- Fixed a crash when opening camera windows
- Fixed a hang when starting a program with no pages allocated for the first recording partition
- Use the current time of the main timeline on a camera window when detaching
- Added a rule for a motion occurring on a specified area of the image
- Added a parity selection for ComArt DIO settings, which fixes PTZ control through serial port with certain camera models
- Fixed the random initial direction of PTZ indicators on camera windows
- QuickTime camera support
- Increased write buffer size, which prevents "trying to write more than can be handled" errors on recorders with high load
- Fixed the PTZ preset saving on Axis cameras
- Fixed a buffer overflow vulnerability on the HTTP server
- ANPR support
- Settings are now always saved automatically
- Touchscreen user interface
- Digest authentication support for RTSP cameras
- Fixed the black image on the first camera caused by the failure to set image properties on certain ComArt card configurations.
- Fixed crashes and hangups on remote connections on both server and client end
- Fixed the all-white image when the camera resolution exceeds the maximum texture size of the graphics adapter
- Fixed program hangups due to connection issues with network cameras
- Prevent overwriting settings with no capture devices when the copy protection dongle is missing
- Fixed a crash when closing camera windows
- Allow using joysticks on client installs.
- Fixed anonymous http viewing when the local user on the server is logged out.
- Fixed the reconnect button on Axis camera settings.
- Fixed a bug that caused a backup to miss all the timeline data during creation.
- Reorganized settings.
- Simplified layout saving dialog.
- Fullscreen multiplex view.
- 360-fisheye ptz control.
- Fixed a crash when decoding h264 recordings.
- Fixed a bug in XeCap recording watchdog which occasionally stopped capturing instead of restarting it
- Added info fields in the vehicle entries.
- Fixed a permission error which prevented ANPR when local user was logged out and caused recording alarm.
- Fixed a crash when closing the program when ANPR is active.
10th Feb 2010
- Fixed a miscalculation of camera window layout on certain camera count / screen size combinations
- Fit the web viewer image on entire browser window if no bounds are specified
- Fixed a crash when trying to zoom a camera window of a deleted camera on live mode
- Fixed several conditions where camera window / timeline were not repainted despite of changes in them
- Allow the use of numpad enter key when entering the time on timeline
- Added a possibility to read/control dio devices over remote connection
- Enabled video output (with optionally multiplexed images) on XeD capture cards on Linux
- Added the option for multiplexed images on XeD video output on Windows
- Fixed a bug in drivesetup which caused it to write a database to the wrong directory.
3rd Feb 2010
- Fixed a bug in dome preset selection with joystick
- Detect the hotplugged copy protection dongle correctly during query at startup
- Allow the use of numpad keys when entering the time on timeline
- Fixed saving patrols and incorrect timeout during the patrol run
- User manual updated
- Allow spaces in exported setting files
- HTML help restyled
- Removed unused folders in Windows installation folder
- Fixed a bug in camera window aspect ratio detector
- Refresh camera windows when signal is lost
- Display recording indicator on camera windows over remote connection
- Fixed the displayed number of buttons in joystick settings
- Fixed a crash when taking a snapshot of a camera with a certain resolution
- Display codec type in camera status
- Restored the framerate in Ksekam camera settings
- Added support for Hunt type 186 (h264 video server)
- Fixed deadlocks with remote connections
- Run rules with admin privileges regardless of the user logged in
- Fixed the timeline and calendar search with remote connections from Standard clients
- Record viewer no longer gets stuck to live image when calendar search is open
- Fixed the additional ".png"-extension on the file names of jpeg-snapshots
- Fixed the layout icons on multi-display environments
- Fixed a bug that caused periodical program shutdown
- Hide the extra control icon settings on basic mode
- MJPEG-support for RTSP cameras
- Numerous improvements to generic RTSP camera support
- Draw the mask correctly under mouse cursor on cameras with other aspect ratios than 4:3
5th Jan 2010